Name:
Location: Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Child-like faith

I saw a super cute Chinese boy on 302 today!!! He was sitting in front of me lah, felt like pinching his cheeks!!so red n cute!! But that's not my main point for this article lah.

The little boy was saying "I'm sorry, mummy." Then both the mummy and him was talking so softly which I couldn't hear, but the mummy sort of forgave him lah. What the little boy said caught my attention cos it effectively demonstrated the relationship between us and God, we as the children, God as Daddy or "Mummy". I have also come to realise that no matter how many times we sin, or disappoint our parents, they will still forgives us because they love us too much and so will definitely forgive us. So likewise it is for our Heavenly Father, who is so willing to forgive us as long as we say "sorry". So, guys, whatever you have sin or done wrong, don't worry cos our Daddy God will forgives us and help us to overcome whatever trials we faced.

There's also another lesson I have learnt from this boy today. God was teaching me to be forgiving and loving and to have a child-like faith. I was actually quite mad at my sis for something that she had done (I will not discuss the details beacuse it's private affairs lah, I did prayed, God only said "Don't worry". So I will just sit back and wait for God miracles again lah). Anyway, God was trying to tell me that no matter what, I cannot "abandon" my sis, instead, shower her with love and care just like how God shower His unfailing love towards me. (Not to say I don't love my sis lah, but I'm always very strict and fierce towards my family members cos I have too high expectations for them liao, so when they did not meet my targeted expectations, I will go bonkers!!!) So I will have to change my straight forward attitude towards erm--abit slow and roundabout manner. HEHE (I tend to do things super fast!!! :P)

Oh, I have finally come to fully understand why does God always emphaise that we must have child-like faith in order to experience a new creation is us. It is because a child is the most purest among we human beings, and they tend to submit to authority without doubts. This is what God wants--submission to Him willingly and fully and without any doubts. For it is written, how great the miracles we expect God to perform, depend on how much faith we have in Him. If we have faith but doubt God, nothing is gonna work. So we have to be like little pure kids--I must really really praise our Chinese ancestors now!!! they invented so many chim and profound words (that are always super short) to describe one or many long sentences or words---赤子之心 is very important for the successful establishment relationship between us and God.

I will be posting part of a Christian song here, this is taken from my4 yr old pretty mixed blood niece who is attending a christian kindergarden school.
Background: Her whole family is not christian lah, (I also don't know why my cousin actually send her to a christian school) and my cousin told me my niece was filled with enthusiam when the whole school was doing praise and worship (children way lah). Btw, my niece emerged as the number one in reciting bible verses and everything that got to do with God lah. HAHAHA but Praise God. And my cousin was afraid she might convert, so she constantly bring my niece to Bangkok to pray to their own "God". Well, I asked my niece if she knows the difference between the Chirstian God and the "God" her family was currently praying to. She said she knows. When I was explaining about God to the rest of my elders, she was also paying close attention to whatever I'm saying. My cousin said she doesn't want my neice to be like me. I laughed and replied in a joking manner "If God wants her, that's really nothing you can do to stop God from taking her". I believe that God perhaps may have other plans for my cutie little niece lah, so we shall see what's the outcome lor.

the songs are:

God makes my eyes and God makes my nose, God makes my lips and God makes my hips (and the children were expected to shake their hips,HAHA). God makes my hands and GOd makes my toes (the children are expected to raise their feet and show their toes).......

Jesus loves me and I love Him!!!

I forgot the rest lah cos it's not easy to fully understand what kids are saying sometimes, you get what I mean??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home